Many people ask what are the minimum System Requirements for Arma 3 via the search term “Arma 3 System Requirements” and the answers & results i have seen do not really provide a good answer to the question as moving away from the base game and on to servers/missions and mods the provided minimum requirements may not be enough in 2017.
Remember Arma 3 was released in 2013 so the price of PC Parts has certainly lowered since then so even the most budgeted PC should be able to meet them but also Arma 3 servers have been more developed with custom scripts over the last 4 years which will require more resources.
Most people think they can gain more FPS from Arma 3 by upgrading there graphics card, This helps but wont give you that massive FPS boost you are looking for in a mission like Altis Life, Due to the amount of scripts running and objects in the world the game becomes resource hungry in terms of processing power required therefore a processor upgrade is what to aim for when upgrading or the best powered processor you can afford if you are doing a new build.
So lets start by having a look at the minimum requirements and then we will look into a recommended budget build and finish off with my current build for Arma 3 that i am using today.
Arma 3 Minimum System Requirements
|Processor||Intel Dual-Core 2.4 GHz
AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz
|Graphics Card|| NVIDIA GeForce 9800GT
AMD Radeon HD 5670
Intel HD Graphics 4000 with 512 MB VRAM
|GPU Memory||512 MB|
|Audio||DirectX® compatible on-board|
|Other||Internet Connection & Steam Account|
My Recommended “Budget Build” for Arma 3 / Altis Life
These are my recommended minimum system requirements if you are looking at building a budget PC for Arma 3, I recommend the below as a minimum in 2017 especially important if you are looking to play on modded servers or Altis Life servers.
The below is a decent build and will give you brilliant performance on Arma 3 and an excellent experience in life mods/missions.
|Intel i5 6500 3.2 Ghz|
|Sandisk 120GB SSD|
- Windows 10 – There is just no need to be running anything older, If you are building a new PC make the move onto windows 10 its the most stable operating system I have used to date.
- Processor – Intel I5 6500 is a 3.2ghz skylake processor and will do the job on standard and modded Arma.
- Graphics Card – GTX 1060 Nvidas budget graphics card will do the job but aim for the 1070 if you can raise your budget
- RAM has come down in price massively from a few years ago so make sure you afford yourself at least 8GB.
- Hard Drive – 120GB if you are going to be playing alot of mods then they take space espically maps so make sure you have an Arma SSD.
- On Board sound or USB headset
- Fibre Internet – Although some modern ADSL connections can be good for the best experience for you and others make sure you have fibre.
My Current Build for Arma 3
This is my current build for Arma 3 which I built from new in late 2016, This setup gives me 80fps on the Roleplay UK server and 65-70fps in Kavala when full and around 90 FPS in Arma and in missions like KOTH.
If your budget is more open ended or you are currently saving then i fully recommend taking the plunge and getting this exact or similar build in 2017.
|Intel "Skylake" 6700k 4Ghz|
|Asus A170-A Motherboard|
|Corsair H115i CPU Cooler|
|3 X 250GB SSD|
|EVGA GTX 1080 FTW|
|Corsair 16GB DDR4 RAM|
|EVGA 850W GOLD Power Supply|
|Corsair 450D Case|